Thursday, August 19, 2010

Visa issues...

Sometimes things don't work as smoothly as you'd hope. Profound statement, huh? Well, it's nothing terrible, but the 'getting a visa' process sure is one of those processes that, to be honest, seem designed to not work smoothly. It's almost as if they make it difficult on purpose, creating hoops to jump through just to see if they can weed out those who aren't fully committed. I don't know, but it seems like that sometimes.

In any case, I have to get the photo, the fingerprints, all the documentation, etc. and mail it all to the consulate in LA next week (apparently CA handles the visa apps for people in OK, but whatever) and hope that they get it all back to me before Sept. 14! Of course, it doesn't help that current U.S. loan laws have been changing, so Oxford was late in getting me my financial details. Oh, and it doesn't help that Oxford also lost my Fuller transcript, so I had to resend that - that delayed things as well.

But, I'm trusting that everything will work out and I'll still be able to leave on time. If not, well, I guess I'll be delayed a week or so. Please pray that there are no more delays! Thanks.

Besides that, I'm going with my parents to visit family in MO and IL this weekend. I'll see my brother and his family, and go to a wedding reception for my cousin. Should be fun!

No comments: