Saturday, August 14, 2010

Counting down the days...

Well, it's another scorcher here in OKC - should be over 100 degrees today. I am just not used to the hot weather after spending 10 years in Seattle. I probably sound like I'm whining. Ok, I'll stop.

I leave for the UK one month from today (Sept. 14)! Crazy! It's still so surreal to think that I will be moving to/living in another country in a month's time. Lots of details still to sort out, but I am confident that everything will be in place by Sept. Still have to get all the Visa details worked out, but I don't think that will be too much of a problem.

Looked at my luggage options yesterday, and I think I can just snag a couple of suitcases from my parents - yeah! Actually, I think I can take everything I need in two checked bags, and two carry-ons. That includes books, and what not. I feel pretty good about that. I've never been a person who needs a lot of "stuff" (well, besides books and musical gear!), and that is certainly a plus when making such a big move. Not sure if I'll take my guitar with me or not... maybe.

I feel like I'm rambling a bit here... not much else to report, so I guess I'll get back to my reading/writing, which I've been trying to focus on, as long as I have no other pressing matters to attend to. I'm a bit nervous about studying in the UK since it will be so independently oriented (doing research on my own a lot of the time), and I have noticed that it's easy for me to become lazy when I have no source of feedback or encouragement. Pray that God gives me strength and discipline!

Ok, that's all for now.

No comments: