Monday, April 4, 2011

going back across the pond...

Tomorrow morning I leave for the USA... to attend the annual "Postmodernism, Culture, and Religion" conference at Syracuse University. Should be a great experience -- lots of interesting seminars and the chance to hang out with other academic types who are interested in similar topics. Several people here who have never been to the States have asked me, "Oh, so you'll get to see your family and girlfriend?" Well, unfortunately, no. They are all way on the other side of the country. :-( But, it will be nice to just be in the same country. Of course, a better solution would be for them all to move to England. :-) Ok, maybe that's not too realistic. hehe.

1 comment:

pitcher12k said...

I know you don't know me, hah but I sort of happened upon your blog.
Anyway! Hope the conference goes well! I'm sure there will be lots of interesting discussion, and I may actually stop by here some other time to see if you post anything about it.

Also, I'm sorry to hear that you won't get to see your girlfriend and family :/ That would be tough..